ICAO recrute 01 Senior Associate
Org. Setting and Reporting
The Regional Office serves ICAO Contracting States in assisting them in the development of comprehensive Regional Plans of the Air Navigation System and the implementation of these plans as well as the worldwide ICAO provision and procedures. It sustains extensive meeting activities, dissemination of Information and encourages participation in ICAO air transport activities. It fosters the identification and the implementation of adequate actions for the improvement the safety and the efficiency of civil aviation operations.
The incumbent, dealing with all technical and managerial matters for the WACAF Office, works under the supervision of both the Regional Director (RD) and the Deputy Regional Director (DRD).
Function 1 (incl. Expected results)
Ensures smooth management of daily team work as well as follow-up actions, achieving results such as:
- Download on a daily basis correspondence from Headquarters, from other ICAO Regional offices, States, etc. and distribute to staff concerned, after instructions received from the RD or DRD.
- Provide secretariat support to the RD and/or DRD in the preparation of routine and daily correspondence, documents etc., insuring timely dispatch and filing. Arrange and coordinate appointments, meetings with high-ranked visitors, United Nations Representatives, Government Officers, Intl. Organizations, Embassies etc. and answer queries with discretion.
- Prepare files for briefing materials for supervisor for official missions or meeting.
- Maintain updated record of contact information of States accredited to the Office.
- Filter telephone calls and re-direct callers to the appropriate officer, if necessary.
Function 2 (incl. Expected results)
Monitors distribution of all correspondences in and out of WACAF, achieving results such as:
- Under the instructions and supervision of the RD, prepare and distribute confidential documentation to Headquarters or any other State.
- Process weekly pouch incoming/out going. Review and distribute correspondence in a timely manner for better performance of the work.
- Under supervision of RD, prepare, distribute, disseminate and upload in the WACAF Office Web site correspondence, working and information papers, meeting programmes, as well as the draft and final version of Meeting Reports and/or any other events, as required.
- Distribute official correspondence for approval and signature by the RD and DRD.
Function 3 (incl. Expected results)
Ensures work assigned is delivered on time, achieving results such as:
- Ensure that all due dates are accomplished in a timely manner.
- Send reminders to RD or DRD on their scheduled meetings and appointments.
- Compile, edit and finalize the reports for submission in a timely manner.
Function 4 (incl. Expected results)
Provides general technical support to RD and DRD, achieving results such as:
- Coordinate RD’s participation at conferences and/or meetings within the WACAF Region, in any other State outside the Region or at Headquarters; including preparation of documentation.
- Prepare summary/minutes of the meetings as required.
- Research, collate and prepare briefing documents for supervisors as required.
- Support Technical Officers in the absence of their assigned Team Technical Assistants.
- Initiate work procedures to improve support services, keep the Team Technical Assistants informed of the up to date related ICAO practices and procedures.
- Brief and train new Team Technical Assistant.
Function 5 (incl. Expected results)
Provides specific administrative support to ADM/O, achieving results such as:
- Coordinate with relevant units, States/Administration, agencies on the programme of visit, develop and finalize programme of visit in consultation with RD and DRD
- Coordinate with the Administration section for the preparation of the Travel authorization, the Travel Expense claim and travel documents needed.
- Make hotel reservation when requested by RD and DRD,
- Assist the Administrative Officer on the activities to be carried out by the driver, as per RD and DRD requirements,
- Assign priorities of secretarial work within the Regional Office,
- Maintain Professional staff files (Confidential).
Function 6 (incl. Expected results)
Performs other related duties, as assigned.
- Professionalism: Strong computer skills. Good knowledge of commonly used MS Office applications including but not limited to: Word, Excel and Power Point presentations. Initiative, thoroughness, discretion and ability to maintain a harmonious working relationship and to work easily with the public and staff of other skills and nationalities. Good knowledge of office management, communication and coordination tasks, maintenance of records and file, modern office technology. Ability to organize and to conduct meetings. Ability to deal with sensitive and confidential matters in a prompt and discrete manner. Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations.
- Planning and Organizing: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently.
- Client Orientation: Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients ” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view; establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect; Identifies clients’ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions; monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems; keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects; meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client.
- Technological awareness: Keeps abreast of available technology; understands applicability and limitations of technology to the work of the office; actively seeks to apply technology to appropriate tasks; shows willingness to learn new technology.
- Communication: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately; asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication; tailors language, tone, style, and format to match the audience; demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
- Teamwork: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda; supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
Graduation from a secretarial school, with subsequent studies in business administration, or in a related field.
- A minimum of six (6) years’ experience in secretarial positions is required.
- Experience working in a multi-national and multi-cultural environment is required.
Fluent reading, writing and speaking abilities in English and French.
A working knowledge of a second language of the Organization (Arabic, Chinese, Russian, or Spanish).
Please note that this is a locally-recruited position and restricted to Senegalese Citizens and Permanent Residents of Senegal.
It should be noted that this post is to be filled on a fixed-term basis for an initial period of three years (first year is probationary for an external candidate).
ICAO staff members are international civil servants subject to the authority of the Secretary General and may be assigned to any activities or offices of the Organization within the duty station.
ICAO staff members are expected to conduct themselves in a manner befitting their status as international civil servants. The Standards of Conduct for the International Civil Service adopted by ICAO, which are applicable to all staff members, are defined in the ICAO Service Code (Staff Regulations).
ICAO offers an attractive benefit package to its employees in accordance with the policies of the International Civil Service Commission (ICSC).
The statutory retirement age for staff entering or re-entering service after 1 January 2014 is 65. For external applicants, only those who are expected to complete a term of appointment will normally be considered.
Net Base Salary per annum CFA Francs $12,434,000